Friday, October 5, 2007

THE little THINGS


the 'L I T T L E' things.

As you might know, the CEO of a company survived 9/11
because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.

One of them
Missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to
"take time to change".

One's
Car wouldn't start.

One went back to
Answer the telephone.

One had a
Child that dawdled
And didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One
Couldn't get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work
But before he got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.



Now, when I am:
Stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone...
All the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,

This is exactly where
I was meant to be
At this very moment..

Next time your morning seems to be
Going wrong,
The children are slow getting dressed,
You can't seem to find the car keys,
You hit every traffic light,

Don't get mad or frustrated; It
May just be that

Some one is watching over you?



This was sent to me by my "friend", Stu.
Best wishes to all the 9/11 victims, survivors, friends and relatives.

right or rong?

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a reminder that all things worked together.Even those in the auto acciecdent would have felt better knowing that their tragedy saved someone else's life
nice job

jon be me said...

Good point, A.B.B.
I always tell people that we don't know the "purpose" of these little things that happen to us. It's all in the big picture.
thanks for commenting and be sure to come back.
Jonbeme

Simon said...

Interesting post! These annoyances happen to me a lot. It's good to know that they might have a purpose after all.

jon be me said...

Hey neoauteur,

Yea, they happen to everyone. That's life! The trick, and it's hard to do sometimes, is in "stepping back" from them and asking yourself, "what could be the ulterior purpose of this?"

I don't even think about it anymore. I (usually!) just block them out after so many years of trying to "look at the big picture". It's just second nature to me now.

Also, I don't think we will ever know the "purpose" behind them....

thanks for commenting

JBM

Anonymous said...

You don't know how much I needed to read this.

jon be me said...

Wow, Rose, THANKS for the comment. Glad I could help. Life can be rough sometimes and we ALL could use some "help" once in a while. I know I do!
jon

Thank you, again :)

My life in bergen said...

It shows that our lives is control'd by pure coincidence, and i guess we all have head a meeting with coincidence trough our lives for all the big and small happenings in life..

jon be me said...

bskaad,
that is true! On the other hand,don't forget the old saying, "its not what happens to you in life that counts, it's how you deal with it".

Jim said...

This should be read MORE WIDELY.

jon be me said...

I agree with ya Jim,

Send my link to everyone you know!!.. :)

© blogger beta templates | Make Money Online