Wednesday, December 19, 2007

enlightened?

I know that our journey, our quest for knowledge about our inner self is sometimes called the path to enlightenment. For some reason, though, I cannot bring myself to use "enlightenment", no matter how much I learn, when discussing my own journey. I don't use the word because it makes me feel like I'm saying that I'm smarter than others because I'm "enlightened" or on the path to enlightenment or that I discovered something amazing. I am not enlightened about anything (heck, I sometimes have to look in the dictionary to just spell the word correctly!!)

I'm just me, trying to figure "IT" out like so many others before me and the many that will come after me. Perhaps when I pass on, then I will become enlightened but until then, I'm just your average, though not necessarily normal, guy named jon...

:)

6 Comments:

goatman said...

You certainly have a lot of crap on this blog/post.
Are you connected with the advertising industrial complex?

V said...

...be...

jon be me said...

Interesting observation, goatman...

jon be me said...

Siegfried,

..."be"....I know not any other way :)

Jim said...

Jon, maybe enlightening would be more appropriate, as in we are getting it, not it already! Sounds more like the real thing.

jon be me said...

Jim,

you and the others are enlightening.

I am but a sponge (named Bob?!!)
:)

© blogger beta templates | Make Money Online